Meeke surprised by speculation

Meeke surprised by speculation

Kris Meeke says he is surprised that his World Rally Championship future with Citroen has been called into question and it will not affect his approach to Rally Finland.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 (9:30 am)
After Meeke’s shakedown crash in Poland, Citroen team principal Yves Matton laid plain the need for improvement from the Northern Irishman.

Meeke told AUTOSPORT: “It seems to be fashionable to question my career whenever anything happens.

“I don’t know why that is, but it’s fine, it doesn’t bother me.

“I have talked with the team and we understand each other – that’s what I’m interested in.”

Meeke felt he recovered from the his pre-event roll well in Poland.

“I had a decent event in Poland; had it not been for a poor tyre choice, we could have been fighting with Hayden [Paddon] for fourth,” he said.

“Under the conditions and without testing for the event, that’s about as good as we could have hoped for.

“For me, nothing changes [with Finland].”

Meeke tested his Citroen DS3 WRC for a day and a half ahead of Finland, where last year he was the only man who could keep pace with Volkswagen pair Jari-Matti Latvala and Sebastien Ogier, finishing third behind them.

“Finland’s a fantastic place to drive a rally car,” he said, “then we’ve got Germany and Australia, I really like these rallies.

“Generally I have more experience over the second half of the year, which can only be good.”

Comments

No comments have been posted yet

Be the first to add a comment to this page!

Add Comment

About Racinghub | Contact Us | Terms of use | Manual
Queries: 374 | Time: 0.3625
© 2025 Racinghub
Close